Wednesday, July 29, 2009

another great wedding




I do love weddings...but i really think i must elope. Friday was my sisters big day - and believe me, it was a BIG day...in fact it was several big days - filled with African and French relatives, shopping trips, polishing silver (a whole day of it for me =), preparing a Cameroonian rehearsal dinner, getting pedicures, a wonderful bachelorette party, and then finally wedding pictures at Pittock Mansion, the beautiful ceremony at the Old Church (someone mentioned to me that it was the most beautiful wedding they had ever seen), and the fun fill reception filled with lots of dancing at the North Star Ballroom. By 10pm I was ready for bed (forgetting about all the cleanup that lay ahead that would stretch out over several days). Tomorrow Mops and I are off to the beach for a much needed mini-vacation. For my favorite girls in Tennessee who I know would LOVE to see some pictures of the wedding - here they are! (i don't have a great selection from right now, but i will add more as i get them!)

3 comments:

  1. It is late, and I apologize for my horrible grammar in this blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amanda, I loved reading about your wedding experiences. Everyone had a different slice of activities so it is fun to pool our impressions and relive some of the special moments. I am so glad you are blogging now---it's different than just talking, isn't it? I haven't written my wedding blog(s) yet because I don't know where to begin! Love you, Mopsy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't thank you enough for everything you did to make the day the most beautiful day of my life. I keep finding out more and more about how much everyone was doing for me while I was doing something else. I didn't know you polished silver for a whole day! And I didn't know you had a blog until about ten minutes ago..... I love you sis, and I miss you so much!

    ReplyDelete